Pretorius - Throat Clear
Brand: Pretorius | Code: 3593 | Spec: 20.00 Pastilles
Brand: Pretorius | Code: 544040 | Spec: 20.00 Pastilles
Pleasant tasting, antibiotic lozenge for fast soothing relief from sore throats and mouth infections.
Indications / Professional Recommendations
- May relieve symptoms of allergies, hayfever, catarrh, colds and flu
- May help to relieve sore throats and mouth infections
- May assist in the reducing the severity and duration of symptoms of flu
- May help to relieve symptoms of smoker's cough
- Herbal antibiotic for fast, soothing relief from discomfort
- Nigella seed oil has anti inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic and antimicrobial activity
- Echinacea purpurea activates cellular immunity and stimulates phagocytosis of neutrophils
- Vitamin C plays an important role in many immune mechanisms. It has been shown to improve host resistance as well as being antibacterial.
- Anise oil has a marked expectorant and antispasmodic action and is indicated for bronchitis and irritable coughing.
- Eucalyptus oil possesses analgesic effects as well as anti inflammatory activities. It is a traditional remedy to help soothe and cool sore and inflamed throats.
- Fennel oil is traditionally indicated for upper respiratory tract congestion
- Peppermint oil has been traditionally used for mucous congestion and colds. It has a cooling effect on sore throats.
- Zinc gluconate has been shown to reduce the duration and severity of symptoms of the common cold. It is readily absorbed through the mucous membrane lining of the mouth.
- Thyme oil is used as an antimicrobial agent and has strong inhibition activity against a range of bacteria. It has a long history of use in throat and mouth infections.
Each pastille contains
Nigella sativa seed oil (Black Cumin oil) - 2mg
Echinacea purpurea herb juice conc. equiv. Echinacea juice dry - 125mg
Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) - 50mg
Anise oil - 3mg
Eucalyptus oil - 2mg
Fennel oil - 3mg
Peppermint oil - 5mg
Zinc gluconate (equiv 2.6mg elemental Zinc) - 20mg
Thyme oil - 8mg
Primula vulgaris ext. liq. equiv. to dry root and rhiz. - 1mg
Astragalus membranaceus ext. liq. conc. equiv. root and rhiz. fresh - 50mg
- Low allergy formula
- Suitable for vegetarians
- No added sugar
Adult dosage: Dissolve one lozenge slowly in your mouth every 2 - 3 hours (up to 8 times daily)
Children above 6 years: Dissolve one lozenge slowly up to five times daily
- Not to be used by children under two years of age.
- If symptoms persist please consult your healthcare professional.
- Products containing maltitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
Ali BH, Blunden G. Pharmacological and toxicological properties of Nigella sativa. Phytother Res. 2003 Apr;17(4):299-305
Fan M, Chen J. Studies on antimicrobial activity of extracts from thyme. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2001 Aug;41(4):499-504
Hoffman D, 1988, The Holistic Herbal, Element Books, Dorset
Hulisz D. Efficacy of zinc against common cold viruses: an overview. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash DC). 2004 Sep-Oct;44(5):594-603
Jurkstiene V, Kondrotas AJ, Kevelaitis E. Compensatory reactions of immune system and action of Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea (L.) Moench) preparations. Medicina (Kaunas). 2004;40(7):657-62.
Murray M and Pizzorno J, 1997: Encyclopaedia of Natural Medicine, Little, Brown and Company (UK), 65
Silva J, Abebe W, Sousa SM, Duarte VG, Machado MI, Matos FJ. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of essential oils of Eucalyptus J Ethnopharmacol. 2003 Dec;89(2-3):277-83