Nature's Sunshine - Cascara Sagrada
Brand: Nature's Sunshine | Code: 11010 | Spec: 100.00 Caps
Cascara Sagrada contains anthraquinone glycosides. These glycosides are not absorbed in the gut, but form pharmacologically active metabolites once in contact with intestinal bacteria. These metabolites are partially absorbed in the colon which stimulates peristalsis and normal healthy evacuation of the bowel.
This herb is recommended for occasional constipation. Cascara should not be taken by those with digestive or bowel conditions when pain, nausea and vomiting are present.
Temporary relief of occasional constipation.
Each ‘preservative free’ capsule contains 400mg of Rhamnus purshianus bark powder.
For adults and children 12 years of age and over: take one capsule with a meal twice daily.
It is recommended this product not be taken by children under 12 years of age.
This product generally produces a bowel movement in 6-12 hours.
- Always read the label.
- Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems.
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, seek the advice of a healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
- It is recommended this product not be taken by children under 12 years of age.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Drink plenty of water and increase fibre in the diet.