Herbs of Gold - Acetyl L-Carnitine
Brand: Herbs of Gold | Code: 430063 | Spec: 60.00 Caps
Brand: Herbs of Gold | Code: 430062 | Spec: 120.00 Caps
Acetyl L-Carnitine is a high strength supplement providing 500mg of acetylated L-Carnitine. Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid; the addition of an acetyl group gives Acetyl L-carnitine a wide range of applications in the body.
What is Acetyl L-carnitine?
Acetyl L-carnitine is an amino acid involved in numerous biochemical processes. It is produced by the body in the liver and kidneys and stored in the skeletal muscles, heart, brain, and sperm. Carnitines carry certain fatty acids to the mitochondria in the body’s cells to be used as energy. Without Acetyl L-carnitine, the mitochondria cannot absorb and metabolise fatty acids.
What are the benefi ts of Acetyl L-carnitine?
Relief from chronic fatigue
Because Acetyl L-carnitine is essential for energy production in the mitochondria of every cell it may be useful for complaints of low energy and fatigue. An open, randomised study of 30 patients diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome given 2g/day of Acetyl L-carnitine for 24 weeks resulted in a signifi cant improvement in mental and general fatigue1.
Alzheimer’s and dementia
Acetyl L-carnitine may help delay the progression of Alzheimer’s disease and relieve depression related to senility and other forms of dementia. A 40-day study of elderly adults suffering from depression taking 2g/day of Acetyl L-carnitine produced signifi cant normalisation in elevated cortisol (a hormone that helps to moderate the stress response) and produced improved scores in 43% of the patients. Treatment with Acetyl L-carnitine was deemed so successful that those 43% of patients were determined to be in clinical remission2.
High concentrations of carnitine are found in the epididymis where it provides a source of energy for the sperm, contributing directly to sperm motility and maturation. A small study of 30 men with decreased sperm motility taking 2 grams of Acetyl L-carnitine supplements orally every day for three months found improvements in the way in which their sperm swam, increasing the chance of successful conception.
Each vegetable capsule contains:
Acetyllevocarnitine hydrochloride (Acetyl L-carnitine) - 500mg
Adults- Take 2 capsules, once or twice daily, with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Features & Benefits
- Memory & brain function
- Mood Management
- Relieves fatigue
- Vegetable capsule
Acetyl L-Carnitine is a source of carnitine, a naturally occurring amino acid. The addition of an acetyl group gives Acetyl L-carnitine a wide range of therapeutic applications in the body.
- Plays a vital role in fatty acid metabolism for energy.
- Mobilises fatty acids into the mitochondria for ATP energy production.
- Supports the synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, helping maintain a healthy nervous system.
- Crosses the blood-brain barrier, providing direct benefit to the central nervous system and assists in maintaining healthy neurological processes.
- Helps maintain healthy mood and may assist management of mood swings.
- Helps maintain healthy cognitive function and memory during ageing.
- Supports healthy brain and mental functioning.
- Supports healthy ageing.
- Provides relief of physical and mental fatigue.
- Plays a crucial role in sperm production and is important for healthy sperm motility.
- Vegetable capsule
- Unique product
- Can be placed in sports or vitamin sections
- Health food only
- Australian & New Zealand made
- Australian owned