Herbs of Gold - Folic Acid Complex
Brand: Herbs of Gold | Code: 430729 | Spec: 60.00 Tabs
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Start taking 3 months prior to planning a pregnancy.
- Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal chord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly.
- Folic Acid and vitamin B12 are important for cell growth and replication.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12 can assist in maintaining normal blood.
- Folic Acid Complex may assist in lowering homocysteine levels, helping maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy.
- To meet the increased demands of pregnancy, it is recommended that iodine supplementation be taken prior to trying to conceive and throughout pregnancy.
- In early pregnancy adequate maternal iodine levels are critical for healthy brain development.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida seek medical advice.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Each tablet contains:
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||275mcg|
|equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg|
|Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12)||500mcg|
|Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.