Blackmores - Bilberry Eyestrain Relief
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 24201 | Spec: 30.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
Blackmores Bilberry Eyestrain contains 5000 mg of standardised bilberry, with 16.2 mg of active anthocyanosides per tablet.
· Has traditionally been used to relieve eyestrain, eye fatigue and eye weariness
· Helps to maintain visual acuity and sharpness in poor light (night vision)
· Supports healthy functioning of the retina and may help reduce the risk of damage to the microcirculation of the eye
Blackmores Bilberry Eyestrain Relief contains premium European-sourced Bilberry.
How it works
The key constituents of bilberry are the anthocyanosides. These constituents give bilberry antioxidant properties. In addition, the anthocyanosides have been shown to increase the strength and reduce the permeability of the capillaries and, in this way, bilberry helps to reduce damage to the microcirculation of the eye.
The anthocyanosides in bilberry help to maintain visual acuity (sharpness) and improve night vision through their action on rhodopsin. Rhodopsin is a light-sensitive pigment found in the rods of the retina. Rhodopsin is essential for eyesight in dim light and needs to be quickly regenerated in order for the eye to maintain visual sensitivity.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 2 to 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications & Cautions
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Contains lactose.
Active ingredient per tablet
Vaccinium myrtillus (Bilberry) extract
5 g (5000 mg)
A purple and black speckled, lilac coloured tablet. Film-coated clear.