Blackmores - Bio C 1000mg®
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 1209 | Spec: 62.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to help boost its action in the body
- Buffered with mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach
- Contains natural sources of vitamin C, rosehips and acerola
- Reduces the severity and duration of colds
- Supports skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production
- Protects against free radical damage
- Promotes wound healing
- Maintains capillary health
How it works
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to improve capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults: Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day.
Children 4-12 years: We recommend Blackmores Bio C® Chewable 500mg.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Contraindications and cautions
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per tablet
|Ascorbic acid||400 mg|
|Sodium ascorbate||350 mg|
|Calcium ascorbate (equiv. to vitamin C 1000mg)||400 mg|
|Total vitamin C 1000 mg|
|Citrus bioflavonoids extract||25 mg|
|Rosa canina (Rosehips) extract equiv. to dry fruit||250 mg|
|Malpighia punicifolia (Acerola) extract equiv. to dry fruit||50 mg|
- Ascorbic acid may increase the absorption of aluminium. In kidney failure doses should be separated by at least 2 hours from doses of aluminium-containing preparations.
- Separate doses by at least two hours. Ascorbic acid may decrease the absorption and efficacy of this medication.
A mustard, oblong-shaped tablet with opaque coating.