Blackmores - Bio C Powder®
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 1230 | Spec: 125.00 g
Features and benefits
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to boost its action in the body
- Buffered with mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach
- Contains a natural source of vitamin C, acerola
- Contains no artificial sweeteners making it suitable for the whole family
- Reduces the severity and duration of colds
- Helps to support skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production
- As a potent antioxidant it protects against free radical damage
- Promotes wound healing Maintain capillary health
How it works
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to improve capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults: Take 1 g (1 level scoop using measuring scoop enclosed) a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 1 g 3 times a day.
Children 4-12 years: Take 250 mg (1/4 level scoop) twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2 - 4 years: Take 250 mg (1/4 level scoop) a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
Add powder to fruit juice or water. Note this product contains citrus bioflavonoids which do not dissolve. Stir vigorously to disperse. Always use a dry scoop and replace lid tightly.
Contraindications and cautions
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Active ingredients per gram
|Ascorbic acid||300 mg|
|Calcium ascorbate||300 mg|
|Sodium ascorbate||260 mg|
|(Total Vitamin C 779 mg)|
|Citrus bioflavonoids extract||40 mg|
|Malpighia punicifolia (Acerola) extract equiv. to dry fruit||160 mg|
- Ascorbic acid may increase the absorption of aluminium. In kidney failure doses should be separated by at least 2 hours from doses of aluminium-containing preparations
An off white to pale yellow free-flowing powder, with tangy citrus taste.