Blackmores - Bio Iron
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 1612 | Spec: 80.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- Specifically formulated for women's needs - combines iron with co-factors for improved absorption.
- Contains vitamin C to improve the absorption of iron.
- Gentle on the stomach - when used as directed should not cause nausea or constipation.
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
How it works
Iron deficiency can lead to symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, pallor and shortness of breath on exertion.
Iron is a component of haemoglobin, an essential component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body. Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive sufficient oxygen.
Without adequate dietary iron levels the delivery of oxygen to cells decreases and energy production may suffer. Vitamins C, B12 and folic acid are needed for the normal formation of red blood cells. Folic acid and vitamin B12 both facilitate the body's production of haemoglobin. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) also increases the absorption of nonhaem iron.
Nettle (Urtica dioica) is a nutritive herb which contains high amounts of iron, and has traditionally been used to assist in iron deficiencies.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Not for the treatment of iron deficiency conditions.
Active Ingredients Per Tablet
|Ferrous fumarate (iron 5 mg)||15.3 mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||100 mg|
|Folic acid||166.5 µg|
|Urtica dioica (Nettle) herb powder||100 mg|
- Iron may decrease the absorption and efficacy of these medications.
A grey, biconvex tablet with and embossed B and a break bar. Film-coated reddish brown.