Blackmores - Cod Liver Oil 1000mg
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 468 | Spec: 80.00 Caps
Features and benefits
- High potency
- Rich source of vitamins A and D
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Maintains healthy mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive tracts
- Helps to maintain bone health
- Supports healthy skin
- Helps to relieve joint tenderness and stiffness associated with rheumatoid arthritis
How it works
Cod Liver oil is a source of the fat-soluble vitamins A and D.
Vitamin A is essential for the formation of healthy epithelial cells, and therefore for the maintenance of healthy skin and mucous membranes, such as those lining the digestive and respiratory tracts. Epithelial cells form a protective layer on internal and external body surfaces. Many epithelial cells produce mucus which is necessary to lubricate body surfaces and strengthen the defence system provided by these cells. In this way, Vitamin A supports the maintenance of a healthy immune system.
Vitamin D is essential for the optimal uptake of calcium from the intestine into the blood and helps maintain normal blood and bone levels of calcium.
Adults - Take 1 to 3 capsules once a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - We recommend Blackmores Cod Liver Oil 275mg.
Contraindications and cautions
- The recommended adult daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 2500IU. When taken in excess of 8,000 IU vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant, do not take vitamin A supplements without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per capsule
|Cod liver oil (natural)||1000 mg|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 2.5 µg)||100 IU|
A clear, unprinted, oblong, soft gelatin capsule.