Blackmores - Echinacea Liquid
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 321 | Spec: 50.00 mL
Features and benefits
- Relieves symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections such as colds and flu
- Helps to shorten the duration and decrease the severity of cold symptoms
- May decrease the incidence of colds
- Supports healthy function of the immune system
- Premium 1:1 fluid extract (1 mL of fluid extract is equivalent to 1000 mg of dry whole plant) and can be added to drinks and food, making it suitable for children over 2 years.
How it works
Echinacea has been shown to reduce the risk of infections, particularly of the respiratory tract.
One of the ways that echinacea works in the immune system is by increasing the number of white blood cells. White blood cells are involved in defending the body against foreign microorganisms.
Echinacea also stimulates a group of immune system cells called phagocytes, which engulf and digest bacteria or other foreign bodies.
Adults: Take 1 to 2 mL by measure 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 6 -12 years: Take 1 mL by measure 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2-6 years - Take 0.5 mL by measure 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
25 drops approx = 1mL. It is recommended that Blackmores Echinacea Liquid is added to juice or water before taking.
Contraindications and cautions
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms
- May cause excess salivation and a mild tingling of the tongue if used undiluted (should be diluted before use)
- Contains ethanol (alcohol)
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Active ingredients per 1 mL dose
|Echinacea purpurea (Echinacea) dry root||200 mg|
|Echinacea purpurea (Echinacea) dry flowering herb||800 mg|
A green - brown, free flowing liquid.