Blackmores - Ginkgoforte
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 311 | Spec: 80.00 Tabs
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 344 | Spec: 40.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- Aids mental alertness
- Improves memory
- Improves attention and mental clarity
How it works
Ginkgo increases blood flow and so can increase tissue nutrition. It tones and helps normalise circulation as it has a relaxing (vasodilating) effect on arteries and a toning effect on veins. Ginkgo increases the fluidity of blood and in this way may improve peripheral circulation. Improving circulation can enhance the utilization of oxygen and glucose by the body.
Brain cells require large amounts of energy to function properly. Glucose and oxygen need to be constantly supplied to the brain cells to create energy, as the brain has very small energy reserves. Many studies have shown positive effects of ginkgo on working memory, the speed of information processing and learning.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children - Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Contraindications and Cautions
- May rarely cause gastrointestinal symptoms, headache or dizziness
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
- Seek the advice of your healthcare professional before use in pregnancy
- Discontinue use at least 2 weeks before surgery. Ginkgo biloba may increase
the risk of bleeding associated with surgery
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
Active Ingredients Per Tablet
|Ginkgo biloba(Ginkgo) extract equivalent to dry leaf
(standardised to contain ginkgo flavonglycosides
10.7mg and ginkgolides and bilobalide 2.7mg)
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking alongside other medications.
A pale yellow/green speckled, medium oval shaped tablet. Film coated clear.