Blackmores - Lyprinol
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 27916 | Spec: 100.00 Caps
Features and benefits
- Clinically proven natural anti-inflammatory.
- Patented marine lipid extract.
- Help to relieve arthritis pain.
- Helps to reduce joint inflammation and swelling.
- Helps to increase joint mobility.
- Helps to improve quality of life for arthritis sufferers.
- Helps to maintain healthy airways and breathing passages.
How it works
Inflammation is the body's reaction to physical, chemical or biological injury. Normally this process localises the problem and results in regeneration or repair of damaged tissue. Unfortunately this process is not always beneficial in some people, and in some circumstances can actually cause further damage and injury, such as in rheumatoid arthritis and asthma.
There are many mechanisms in the body involved in the inflammatory response. Lyprinol® helps to reduce inflammation and swelling by directly inhibiting the action of the enzymes involved in the inflammatory pathway called the LOX pathway. By inhibiting this enzyme Lyprinol® can reduce both inflammation and pain, and yet does not interfere with the more positive aspects of the normal inflammatory response.
Lyprinol® has a more complex lipid structure compared to other marine oils. This includes the presence of a number of compounds known to be anti-inflammatory, such as omega-3 fatty acids. This complex mixture of lipids is regarded as being essential to explaining the potent action of Lyprinol®.
Adults - The recommended starting dose is 2 capsules twice a day with meals in the morning and evening, for up to 8 weeks. After the initial 8 weeks take 1 to 2 capsules a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2-12 years - Take 1/2 the adult dose, or as professionally prescribed. Capsule contents may be squeezed into juice, milk or cereal.
Contraindications and cautions
- This product is derived from shellfish. Caution is advised for persons allergic to shellfish.
- May rarely cause mild diarrhoea, nausea or flatulence.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per capsule
|New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel Oil (Perna canaliculus)||50 mg|
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking alongside other medications.
A small clear oval soft gel capsule filled with clear to slightly cloudy amber liquid.