Blackmores - Prostate Health Formula
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 24063 | Spec: 60.00 Caps
Features and benefits
- May help to protect prostate cells by reducing the risk of free radical damage.
- Provides relief from the symptoms of medically diagnosed benign enlargement of the prostate (BPH), including frequent day and night urination, difficulty in starting and finishing urination and a weak urinary flow.
- Helps to maintain a healthy prostate.
- Clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
- Clinically relevant dose of nettle root.
How it works
The combination of ingredients in Blackmores Prostate Health Formula supports prostate health in 2 ways.
1 - Antioxidant protection of prostate cells
Lycopene: High levels of lycopene are normally found in the prostate. Lycopene is a potent antioxidant which may help to reduce cell damage. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a natural form of lycopene extracted from tomatoes.
Selenium & vitamin E: May assist in maintaining the health of the prostate through their role in providing cellular protection from free radical damage.
Zinc: A normal human prostate has the highest level of zinc of any soft tissue in the body. It may be important for healthy testosterone regulation, which is important for maintaining a healthy prostate.
2 - Relief of medically diagnosed BPH symptoms
Saw palmetto: Saw palmetto has been shown to improve symptoms of BPH such as night time urination and poor urine flow. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
Nettle root: Like saw palmetto, nettle root relieves the symptoms of a medically diagnosed enlarged prostate (BPH). Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically relevant dose of nettle root.
Adults - Take 1 capsule twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications & Cautions
- Selenium is toxic in high doses. Selenium in dietary supplements should not exceed a daily dose of 150 µg.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Consult your doctor before use and ensure your condition has been diagnosed as benign prostatic enlargement.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
|Serenoa serrulata (Saw palmetto)
extract equivalent to dry fruit
standardised to contain fatty acids
1.6 g (1600 mg)
|Urtica dioica (Nettle) extract equiv. to dry root||1.1 g (1100 mg)|
|Lycopene (natural extract from tomatoes)||2.5 mg|
|Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol 50.3 mg)||75 IU|
|Selenomethionine (Selenium 50 µg)||125 µg|
|Zinc sulphate monohydrate (Zinc 7.5 mg)||20.8 mg|
Zinc may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking quinolone antibiotics separate doses by at least 2 hours.
An opaque brown, unprinted, oblong, soft gel.