Blackmores - Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic + C
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 24324 | Spec: 90.00 Tabs
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 24323 | Spec: 50.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- Super strength formula for powerful relief of nasal congestion
Adults - Take 1 to 2 tablets twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed. For more severe congestion take 2 tablets 3 times a day with meals.
Children under 12 years - We recommend Blackmores Odourless Garlic tablets.
Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
Active ingredients per tablet
|Armoracia rusticana (Horseradish) extract
equiv. to dry root
1.8 g (1800 mg)
|Allium sativum (Garlic) dry bulb concentrate||50 mg|
|equiv. to fresh bulb||1 g (1000 mg)|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||500 mg|
|Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek)|
|extract equiv. to dry seed||50 mg|
How it works
Horseradish contains pungent compounds, called mustard oils, which are thought to be the constituents which give it the traditionally recognised decongestant effect. Horseradish has been used to help clear the respiratory passages.
Garlic has traditionally been used for the relief of hayfever, coughs, colds, flu and rhinitis. Garlic contains sulphur compounds which are responsible for many of the beneficial actions of garlic.
Fenugreek acts as a demulcent which helps to soothe inflamed mucous membranes.
Vitamin C is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is therefore beneficial in dealing with mild respiratory tract infections, such as colds.
Contraindications and cautions
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
- Discontinue use at least 2 weeks before surgery. Garlic may increase the risk of bleeding associated with surgery
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking alongside other medications.