Blackmores - St John's Wort
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 390 | Spec: 90.00 Tabs
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 393 | Spec: 40.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- Relieves sadness and despondency
- Relieves irritability and agitation
How it works
St. John's wort appears to impact a number of neurotransmitters that have an effect on mood and emotions.
St. John's wort has been standardised to contain the active constituent hypericin. Research suggests that hypericin has a tonic and tranquillising action. St. John's wort may increase the levels of certain nerve transmitters, such as serotonin and noradrenaline which help to maintain normal mood and keep emotions stable.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children (under 12 years) - Only as professionally prescribed
Contraindications and cautions
- May rarely cause photosensitive skin rash, mild gastrointestinal symptoms, tiredness or restlessness.
- Seek the advice of your healthcare professional before use in pregnancy.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active Ingredients Per Tablet
|Hypericum perforatum (St John's Wort) extract
equivalent to dry flowering herb top
(standardised to contain hypericin derivatives 990 mcg)ï¿½
- St John's wort may interfere with the action of some medications.
- St John's wort may interfere with the action of some medications. Consult your healthcare professional before use if you are taking, or think you may be taking, prescription antidepressants (tricyclics or SSRIs), oral contraceptives (birth control pills),protease inhibitors (antiviral drugs),irinotecan.
A grey/brown, mottled, bullet shaped tablet with break bar. Film-coated clear.