Blackmores - Vegetarian Glucosamine 1000
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 24023 | Spec: 200.00 Caps
Features and benefits
- Ideal for vegetarians or people allergic to shellfish.
- Clinically proven dose to help relieve arthritis pain.
- Has been shown to slow the progression of joint damage in osteoarthritis.
- Results expected after 2-4 weeks.
- Helps to increase joint mobility and reduce joint stiffness.
- Helps to reduce joint inflammation and swelling.
- Helps to reduce cartilage wear.
- Helps to protect from deterioration of joint damage in osteoarthritis.
How it works
Glucosamine is a natural component found in the cartilage matrix and synovial fluid. It is a major building block of the substances that together with protein, form the structural units in cartilage. These structural units, called aggrecans, are important for the elasticity, resilience and shock-absorbing properties of cartilage. Ageing decreases the body's ability to restore and manufacture normal cartilage. Supplementary glucosamine can be a useful source of this vital component of cartilage as we age.
Osteoarthritis is characterized by joint degeneration and loss of cartilage. As we get older the 'wear and tear' effects of use cause degenerative changes in the cartilage. The cartilage becomes more susceptible to breakdown and damage, which may result in the typical symptoms of osteoarthritis. These symptoms include decreased mobility, increased joint stiffness and pain.
Glucosamine may provide relief from these symptoms, as well as helping to reduce cartilage wear and provide temporary relief of the pain and inflammation associated with this condition.
Adults - Take 1 capsule twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Active ingredient per capsule
|Glucosamine hydrochloride||1 g (1000 mg)|
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking alongside other medications.
A white, two-piece, unprinted, bullet-shaped capsule containing white powder.