Thompsons - Biotin 150mcg
Brand: Thompsons | Code: TMBIOTI | Spec: 100.00 Tabs
- An important B vitamin essential for the healthy functioning of cells
- Plays a vital role in the metabolism of fats, sugars and proteins in the body
Indications for use
- Supports healthy cellular function in the body
- Supports metabolism of sugars, fats and amino acids in the body
- Acts as a co-factor for the production of enzymes involved in the manufacture and utilization of sugars, fats and amino acids
Directions for use
Take one tablet daily with food or as advised by your healthcare professional.
A one-a-day supplement to ensure healthy cellular function and efficient metabolism of sugars, fats and proteins by the body.
Ingredients per tablet
Low Allergy Formula
FREE FROM corn, dairy, egg, lactose, nuts, shellfish, soy, sugar, wheat, yeast, artificial colouring, flavouring or preservatives.
Vegetarian & vegan friendly.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
General Cautions & Interactions for vitamin B complex products
- The use of some prescription medications may reduce levels of some B vitamins and vitamins C and E. A broad spectrum B complex or multivitamin supplement may be beneficial. [Drugs include: the oral contraceptive pill, tricyclics antidepressants, diuretic medications, antituberculosis drugs, gastric acid inhibitors, lipid-lowering drugs.
- Vitamin B3 supplements may affect the body’s control of blood glucose levels and may require adjustments to diabetes medications.
- Vitamin B3 supplements may improve the therapeutic effects of lipid-lowering drugs or statins.
- Concomitant use of vitamin B6 supplements and may lead to increased risk of drug-induced photosensitivity.
- Vitamin B6 supplements may affect the way anticonvulsants work in the body.
- Use of anticonvulsants, trimethorprim, NSAIDS, the oral contraceptive pill, antacids, H2 antagonists and proton pump inhibitors may reduce levels of folic acid in the body. Supplements containing folic acid may be beneficial. Consult your healthcare professionals as folic acid supplementation may also affect the efficacy of some of these medications.
- Use of proton pump inhibitors, H2 antagonists may reduce levels of vitamin B12 in the body. Supplements containing vitamin B12 may be beneficial.
- Use of vitamin C supplements should be stopped prior to some laboratory testing procedures as results may be affected.
- It is recommended to take supplements containing calcium, magnesium, zinc or iron away from prescription medications. Separate by at least two hours.
It is recommended to consult your healthcare professional before taking natural health supplements in conjunction with prescription medications.